Friday 18 July 2014

VSCO - SNAPSEED - Fashion Photography and a Samsung TAB 3 Tablet

Although I was I think, an early adopter of digital photography, and it was Digital that brought me back to photography (but that's a story for another day).. I have not been quite so fast to go with all digital technologies. I am quite old school in many ways and not one to jump onto the 'latest' and 'greatest' bandwagon. I prefer to wait a little while, see what really works, what gets traction, what sticks around.

My mentor, Australian Fashion Photography Icon Brett Hilder has been using me as a sounding board for research on mobile digital technologies over the past few years, and as a direct result of lending a hand checking out new products with Brett, I became aware of what I think is fair to call the 'New Era' in mobile photography and image Editing.

Modelling portfolio shoot, Black and White behind the scenes image processed on a Samsung Tab 3 with VSCO and Snapseed software.
This behind-the-scenes shot from Arabella's recent studio portfolio shoot, while having been shot with the Nikon camera was part of a selection I had pulled onto my tablet for previewing. Once there I decided to do a black and white conversion and edit using the VSCO  software on the 8" Samsung Tab 3. The screen is perfect for the job and I love that you can zoom in when using VSCO. I then exported the image to Snapseed where I selected one of the many amazing borders. The Snapseed software, which is made by the people who make the Nikon RAW file editing software for Nikon by the way.. is also amazing to work with, not just for the borders and effects in the editing suite, the normal editing tools work very well indeed with a fabulous finger swipe interface.

I am looking forward to not only working on my phone camera shots for Instagram and the like with the mobile picture editing software and the Tab 3 Tablet; there are clearly plenty of creative options for Fashion, Portrait, Landscapes, the future it seems is mobile!

Kent Johnson - Sydney Australia.
0433 796 863

No comments:

Post a Comment